Taking a look at the pros and cons of a tankless water heater installation can be beneficial to homeowners who are on the fence when it comes to deciding between a tankless water heater and a tank water heater for their specific needs. Installing a tankless water heater makes a lot of sense for some households. However, there are some shortcomings to consider too.
An outline of the pros and cons of tankless water heaters can help you make a smart choice for your family.
Pros and Cons of Tankless Water Heater Installation: Advantages to Consider
You may have heard that tankless water heaters have a lot to offer the average homeowner. And it’s true—when weighing the pros and cons of tankless water heaters, the scales tend to tip more toward the pros. In a showdown between the two options, the best tankless water heaters offer:
- Instant Hot Water: A tankless hot water heater heats water when it’s needed, so it’s piping hot and ready for you to shower, wash dishes, and do laundry.
- Increased Energy Savings: With a tankless hot water heater, you’re going to use less electricity or natural gas to heat your household’s water. This is because your tankless water heater only makes hot water on demand, as opposed to a tank water heater. These energy savings can amount to hundreds of dollars or more every year.
- Longer Lifespan: Tankless hot water heaters can last twice as long as their tank water heater counterparts. The best tankless water heaters may last a decade or more.
- Increased Efficiency: Who doesn’t want to live greener? Tankless water heaters can be up to 22 percent more efficient than an old tank-style water heater unit. The higher the efficiency, the less energy you waste!
- Efficient Steward of Space: Tankless water heaters don’t have a storage tank, so they take up less room in your home. Most mount on the wall. Their size makes them suitable options for smaller homes.
Find out more about tankless hot water heaters by discussing your needs for water heater repair in Anthem, AZ, with the pros at Bumble Bee Plumbing.
Pros and Cons of Tankless Water Heater Installation: Drawbacks to Think About
While the pros and cons of tankless water heaters seem to lean more towards the advantages, there are a few negatives to consider in this pros and cons battle. Even the best tankless water heater is subject to:
- Greater Initial Cost: Installation costs for tankless water heaters are higher than for tank water heaters. This can be a deal-breaker for homeowners on a budget.
- Inconsistent Water Temperature: High demand can cause fluctuations in water temperature since the heater has to try to provide water to all taps when needed. Two possible solutions to this problem are reducing consumption or installing a second tankless water heater.
- Power Outages: Tankless water heaters, both gas and electric models, require electricity to operate, so when the power is out, so is the unit.
A review of the pros and cons of tankless water heaters can be useful in deciding whether or not to opt for this type of water heater.
Looking for “water heater specialists near me?” Reach out to Bumble Bee Plumbing now!